Saturday, September 25, 2010

Catch Up

So, I probably should have started this when our journey started a few months ago.  Then again, I've been known to procrastinate (I finished putting together our wedding album a few days before our 2nd anniversary...).  It would probably be best if I just went ahead and started from the beginning.

We closed on our beautiful house on August 25th.  Some of pictures below were from the previous owners. 


It was built in 1927 though the former owner thinks he may have a deed that dates back to the 19th century.  What can I say, I'm a sucker for old houses.  It's located in the Garden District in Montgomery but I'm pretty sure everyone just refers to that general area as Cloverdale, so that's what we'll call it too.

Here's a quick rundown of the rooms in the house (again, from the previous owner)...

Living room



Dining room


Sun room


Kitchen with built-in china cabinet


Guest BR #1


Guest bath


Hallway with 4 built-in bookshelves


Guest BR #2


Master BR


Guest bath


Office


Back deck


The house has so many wonderful features about it.  Fenced in backyard.


It's made up almost entirely of hardwood (oak, to be exact) floors.



There are several rooms with dental molding (ignore the wire "Last Supper").



The doorknobs are either glass or ceramic throughout and there are lots of windows and french doors. 


Plus the entire house was painted this antique white color so we had a blank slate to work with. 

However, there are a few features about the house that are not so wonderful, but we'll get into our projects in later posts.

Trey told me just before we closed that he had a present for me.  Just to give you a little background, I have been obsessed with address stamps for years.  I LOVE it when I see a letter from someone that has a cute little stamp on the back with their name and address.  I'm not exactly sure what it is...maybe just the fact that it's proof of living the American dream.  Then again, maybe it's just one more thing that can be personalized :)  Anyway, I had been looking at several online in anticipation of having one as soon as we got into the house.  I had designed a couple and mentioned it to Trey and he oddly asked me to make sure I let him see them before I ordered anything.  Little did I know, he had already designed and made one himself!!  He gave it to me the week we closed and it is perfect, take a look!

One other thing to mention before closing out the "Catch Up" blog, we put down a deposit on a Weimaraner!!!  We will get little Cooper sometime in November but after he is born (sometime this month), the breeder we got him from will be posting videos of him as he experiences his first 6 weeks of life with them!  I'll add the link as soon as we get an update.

I think that about covers it.  I apologize for this post bouncing all over the place and for my bad picture-taking skills.  It probably would have been easier to read if I would have just written as it was happening!  I never thought I would be one to blog, but I'm excited to share all of our house/life updates with everyone all at once!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! You are a fabulous blogger. "Trying out this whole blogging thing..." AKA flying out of the gate with 6 amazing posts! Way to go, friend. :) I couldn't wait to get home today to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the built ins in the hallway make the hallway feel small?

    ReplyDelete