Sunday, March 20, 2011

Guest Room Update

While I was taking picture of the newish lamp in the guest bedroom, I realized that I haven't shown ANY pictures of that room whatsoever.  Here's my attempt to change that.

Remember, I got this bed from Craigslist.


This bed used to have some bedding I've had since college from Pottery Barn - it was white with a deep red monagram (hence the lamp you'll see in a minute).  It was a little more modern and harsh (is that the right word?) than the look I wanted in this room.  So, I found this beautiful, soft bedding from Target, of all places.


I got the comforter and the blue sheets for Christmas from my mom and grandmother.  I picked up a coordinating bedskirt afterwards.  Still, after adding the soft bedding, the room still felt a little bare.  So, my parents brought up a chest that was my dad's growing up that they were no longer using!


And a picture that makes me laugh every time I look at it.  Some days you're the cowboy, some days you're the dog. (The picture is of a cowboy hanging by the reins of his horse, who is hanging by a rope tied to a bull, who is being held back by a saloon.  All the while, a dog just watching.)



But back to the lamp,



This lamp went PERFECTLY with the bedding that used to be in this room.  Not the case anymore.  I thought I was going to have to purchase a brand new lamp...not the end of the world but just another purchase that was probably unneccesary.  While at Target earlier this week, I noticed a new section I had never seen before....a mix-n-match lamp section.  I just picked up this sweet new drum shade for $15



and voila!  New lamp!



This is also the room where I'm planning on putting up the mirror collage.  This house is coming together bit by bit.  Baby steps!  I'd like to paint this room blue eventually.  However, I have to conquer the hallway first....

No comments:

Post a Comment