Monday, August 8, 2011

Hall gallery

I've been planning on hanging lots of different types of black and white pictures and knick knacks in the hallway on the wall opposite the console table.  My mom even got me several black frames with black and white pictures of family members for Christmas (wedding pictures, etc).

I took a cue from Young House Love and started with pieces of paper that were the same size as the frame I was planning to hang.  Luckily, I had purchased several frames from Michaels (at 40% off) that came with a hanging template.  The template ended up making a big square and that was too boring for me, so I just cut out the frames and made my own!

Before:



After:




Sorry, but there's not really a good way to get an upclose picture of the second side.

We currently have pictures of scenery taken when we spent a few days in the Northeast last fall, wedding pictures of parents and grandparents, and pictures of the pup.  We'll eventually fill the rest of the frames in with more of the same.

Speaking of the hall, I also stopped by Home Depot to grab a couple of paint samples for the hall.  We are planning on just using a warmer neutral to make it look like it wasn't forgotten about.  Here's the three we are looking at, I'm kinda partial to the top one.


I'm going to extend that neutral into our bedroom on 3 of the walls and find a great bold color for the wall behind our bed.  I'm thinking maybe the dark teal that is found in two of our new throw pillows (in the center of that red flower).


Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Love the wall galleries! The cross looks good in the mix! Turned out to be good you didn't get an "H" one, since you already had an "H". I agree, I like the top paint color from the samples on the wall. I love the idea of an accent wall for the bedroom, as well. That is a great throw pillow to use as inspiration. It is hard to see the color from the computer, just be careful not to go too dark. I think that lighter teal on that bottom flower would be cool too, but like I said hard to say from the picture. May just want to throw some samples on that wall and see what you like! You are such a good decorator!

    ReplyDelete